- см. anecdotalмногочисленные факты, множество отдельных примеров, случаи из жизни и т.п.
1. There are no comprehensive statistics on the extent of the air pollution problem, but anecdotal evidence suggests that Hong Kong's children have been hit hardest (IHT).
2. Mexico City - the story here is the crime. [...] Practically any Mexican you meet (who does not travel under armed guard) has anecdotal evidence. — Едва ли не любой мексиканец может привести случаи из жизни (подтверждающие реальность проблемы преступности).
The English annotation is below. (English-Russian). 2003.
Смотреть что такое "anecdotal evidence" в других словарях:
Anecdotal evidence — The expression anecdotal evidence has two quite distinct meanings.(1) Evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay is called anecdotal if there is doubt about its veracity: the evidence itself is considered untrustworthy or untrue.(2) Evidence … Wikipedia
anecdotal evidence — noun A limited selection of examples which support or refute an argument, but which are not supported by scientific or statistical analysis … Wiktionary
Anecdotal cognitivism — is a psychological theory and animal cognition term which entails attribution of mental states to animals on the basis of anecdotes, and on the observation of particular cases, other than those observations made during controlled experiments. It… … Wikipedia
anecdotal — [an΄ik dōt′ l, an΄ekdōt′ l] adj. 1. of or like an anecdote 2. full of anecdotes 3. based on personal experience or reported observations unverified by controlled experiments [anecdotal evidence] … English World dictionary
Evidence — For other uses, see Evidence (disambiguation). Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are… … Wikipedia
evidence — noun ADJECTIVE ▪ abundant, ample, considerable, extensive, plentiful, significant, substantial, sufficient, widespread ▪ There i … Collocations dictionary
anecdotal — [[t]æ̱nɪkdo͟ʊt(ə)l[/t]] 1) ADJ GRADED Anecdotal evidence is based on individual accounts, rather than on reliable research or statistics, and so may not be valid. Anecdotal evidence suggests that sales in Europe have slipped. ...countless… … English dictionary
anecdotal — adjective Date: 1836 1. a. of, relating to, or consisting of anecdotes < an anecdotal biography > b. anecdotic 2 < my anecdotal uncle > 2. based on or consisting of reports or observations of usually unscientific observers < anecdotal … New Collegiate Dictionary
anecdotal — adjective 1. having the character of an anecdote anecdotal evidence • Pertains to noun: ↑anecdote • Derivationally related forms: ↑anecdote 2. characterized by or given to telling anecdotes anecdotal conversation an an … Useful english dictionary
Evidence regarding Bigfoot — Infobox Pseudoscience topics=Zoology claims=There exists a great ape native to North America which has evaded detection in remote areas of the Pacific Northwest and other regions of North America, in contrast to the mainstream view that no such… … Wikipedia
anecdotal — anecdotalism, n. anecdotally, adv. /an ik doht l, an ik doht l/, adj. 1. pertaining to, resembling, or containing anecdotes: an anecdotal history of jazz. 2. (of the treatment of subject matter in representational art) pertaining to the… … Universalium
- Bank Financing for SMEs under Institutional Voids, Ngoc Le, Anecdotal evidence suggests that private small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) have limited access to bank loans. What factors influence the bank loan availability and loan terms? A… Категория: Книги Издатель: Книга по Требованию, Подробнее Купить за 9677 руб
- Australian Youth Orchestras'' Role in Development of Young Musicians, Morwenna Collett, Anecdotal evidence has suggested substantial benefits for youth orchestra participants. While literature exists to support these claims in the USA context, this research was completed to… Категория: Теория и история музыки Издатель: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Подробнее Купить за 8036 руб
- Bank Financing for SMEs under Institutional Voids, Ngoc Le, Anecdotal evidence suggests that private small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) have limited access to bank loans. What factors influence the bank loan availability and loan terms? A… Категория: Банковское дело Издатель: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Подробнее Купить за 6002 руб